Svetlana “Lana” Yarosh is an Assistant Professor in the Computer Science & Engineering Department at University of Minnesota. She has two Bachelors of Science from University of Maryland (in Computer Science and Psychology), a Ph.D. in Human-Centered Computing from Georgia Institute of Technology, and two years of industry research experience with AT&T Labs. Her research falls primarily in the area of Human-Computer Interaction, with a focus on Social Computing and Child-Computer Interaction. She designs systems that enhance strong-tie social relationships to create stronger families, support individual health and wellbeing, and provide a stage for personal and community growth. Her work has been featured on CNN, has won multiple innovation competitions and best paper awards, and has been honored with numerous grants and scholarships.
- May 14: My students and I are presenting four posters at the SOBACO Spring Research Symposium
- May 1st: Joined the interdisciplinary Human Factors faculty at U of M
- Apr 20th-23rd: Attended CHI 2015 in Seoul, South Korea.
- Apr 19th: Co-organized a workshop on Children’s Play for Wellness at CHI
- Apr 15th-17th: Attended the eKids Conference at Schloss Marbach organized by the Jacobs Foundation
- Mar 18th: Awarded an NSF CRII grant to support my work with online recovery communities!
- Mar 17th: Speaking on the Doing Facebook ‘In Face’ panel at CSCW 2015!
- Mar 16th: Got funding for a collaborative with the College of Design on Physical Computing and Internet of Things
- Feb 20th: Presenting the keynote at the MinneWIC Conference!
- Dec 1st: Received a SOBACO micro grant to develop crowd-sourced video analysis tools!
- Nov 18th: Received an Exploratory Grants RFP for the MnDRIVE Initiative on Robotics, Sensors, and Advanced Manufacturing!
- Oct 30th: Joined the Product Design faculty at U of M to consult on the development of their Ph.D. program
- Oct 13th: Gave a talk the CSE Colloquium
- Oct 7th-11th: Attended Grace Hopper Conference, through CRA-W‘s support
- Sep 5th: Received a grant to attend 2015 Jacobs Foundation eKIDS Conference
- Aug 25th: My first day as an Assistant Professor at U of M!