Full text pdfs are available for personal use only. If you can’t find something or want a working copy of something that’s not in print yet, just drop me an email.
- Yarosh, S. “Conflict in Families as an Ethical and Methodological Consideration.” In T. Judge and C. Neustaedter, S, ed., Evaluating and Designing for Domestic Life: Research Methods for Human-Computer Interaction. Springer Publishers, To Appear.
- Massimi, M., Yarosh, S., Smith, M., and Kaye, J. Designing Technology for Major Life Events. Ext. Abst. of CHI, (2014). [pdf]
- Yarosh, S., Markopoulos, P., and Abowd, G.D. Towards a Questionnaire for Measuring Affective Benefits and Costs of Communication Technologies. Proc. of CSCW, (2014), To Appear. [Best Paper Award – Top 1% of Submissions] [pdf]
- Mokashi, S., Yarosh, S., and Abowd, G. Exploration of Videochat for Children with Autism. Proc. of IDC, (2013). 320-323. [pdf]
- Yarosh, S. (2013) Shifting Dynamics or Breaking Sacred Traditions? The Role of Technology in Twelve-Step Fellowships. Proc. of CHI. 3413-3422. [Best Paper Honorable Mention Award – Top 5% of Submissions] [pdf]
- Hong, H., Yarosh, S., Jennifer, K., Abowd, G., & Arriaga, R. (2013) Investigating the Use of Circles in Social Networks to Support Independence of Individuals with Autism. Proc. of CHI. 3207-3216. [pdf]
- Yarosh, S. Empowering Children to Initiate Communication with Remote Parents. Ext. Abst. of IDC, Enhancing Children’s Voices with Media and Technology Workshop, (2013). [pdf]
- Yarosh, S. Families in Conflict: Moving Beyond the Assumption of Harmonious Homes. Designing Technologies for the Contemporary Family Life, CHI 2013. [pdf]
- Kazakos, K., Bales, E., Neustaedter, C., Yarosh, S., Kaye, J., Kirk, D. (2013). Exploring the Diversity of Families: Designing Technologies for the Contemporary Family Life. Ext. Abst. of CHI. [pdf]
- Yarosh, S., Tang, A., Mokashi, S., & Abowd, G. (2013). “Almost Touching:” Parent-Child Remote Communication Using the ShareTable System. Ext. Abst. of CSCW: Video Showcase. [People's Choice Video Award] [youtube]
- Yarosh, S., Tang, A., Mokashi, S., & Abowd, G. (2013). “Almost Touching:” Parent-Child Remote Communication Using the ShareTable System. Proc. of CSCW, 181-192. [pdf]
- Yarosh, S., Matthews, T., & Zhou, M. (2013). I Need Someone to Help! A Taxonomy of Helper-Finding Activities in the Enterprise. Proc. of CSCW, 1375-1385. [pdf]
- Yarosh, S. Supporting Remote Synchronous Communication Between Parents and Young Children. Ph.D. Thesis. Georgia Institute of Technology, 2012. [Online Record]
- Yarosh, S. and Abowd, G.D. Enriching Virtual Visitation in Divorced Families. In C. Neustaedter, S. Harrison, and A. Sellen, ed., Connecting Families: The Impact of New Communication Technologies on Domestic Life. Springer, 2012. [pdf]
- Yarosh, S., Matthews, T., and Zhou, M. Asking the Right Person: Supporting Expertise Selection in the Enterprise. Proc. of CHI, ACM (2012), 2247-2256. [pdf]
- Yarosh, S. Thinking Critically About Family Communication Technologies. Technology for Today’s Family Workshop at CHI 2012, (2012). [pdf]
- Yarosh, S., Radu, I., Hunter, S., and Rosenbaum, E. Examining Values: An Analysis of Nine Years of IDC Research. Proc. of IDC, ACM (2011), 136-144. [pdf]
- Yarosh, S. and Abowd, G. Mediated Parent-Child Contact in Work-Separated Families. Proc. of CHI, ACM (2011), 1185-1194. [pdf]
- Yarosh, S. and Kwikkers, M. Supporting Pretend and Narrative Play over Videochat. Proc. of IDC, ACM (2011), 217-220. [pdf]
- Medynskiy, Y., Yarosh, S., and Mynatt, E. Five Strategies for Supporting Healthy Behavior Change. Ext. Abst. of CHI, (2011), 1333-1338.
- Yarosh, S., Inkpen, K.M., and Brush, A.J. Video Playdate: Toward Free Play across Distance. Proc. of CHI, ACM (2010). 1251-1260. [pdf]
- Yarosh, S. and Markopoulos, P. Design of an Instrument for the Evaluation of Communication Technologies with Children. Proc. of IDC, (2010). 266-269. [pdf]
- Tsujita, H., Yarosh, S., and Abowd, G.D. CU-Later: A Communication System Considering Time Difference. Proc. of UbiComp, (2010), 435-436.
- Manches, A., Horton, M., Yarosh, S. Children’s Role in Mobile Interaction Design: Review and Reflection. International Journal of Mobile Human Computer Interaction 2, 2 (2010), 72-78.
- Yarosh, S., Chew, Y.C., and Abowd, G.D. Supporting Parent–Child Communication in Divorced Families. International Journal of Human Computer Studies 67, 2 (2009), 192-203. [pdf]
- Yarosh, S., Davis, H., Modlitba, P., Skov, M., and Vetere, F. Mobile Technologies for Parent/Child Relationships. In A. Druin, ed., Mobile Technology for Children: Designing for Interaction and Learning. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2009, 289-310. [pdf]
- Yarosh, S., Cuzzort, S., Mueller, H., and Abowd, G.D. Developing a Media Space for Remote Synchronous Parent-Child Interaction. Proc. of IDC, (2009), 97-105 [pdf]
- Yarosh, S., Matthews, T.L., Moran, T.P., and Smith, B. What is an Activity? Appropriating an Activity-Centric System. Proc. of INTERACT, (2009), 582-595. [pdf]
- Yarosh, S., & Abowd, G. D. Embodied Interaction for Mediated Communication between Children and Parents. Children and Embodied Interaction Workshop at IDC 2009. [pdf]
- Nathan, M., Harrison, C., Yarosh, S., Terveen, L., Stead, L., and Amento, B. CollaboraTV: Making Television Viewing Social Again. Proc. of UXTV, (2008). 85-94.
- Yarosh, S., & Abowd, G. D. Segmented Institutionalism as a Perspective for Understanding Family Technologies. “Designing for Families” at CSCW 2008. [pdf]
- Yarosh, S. Supporting parent-child interaction in divorced families. Doctoral Consortium. Proc. of Interaction Design and Children 2008, (2008), 33-36.
- Yarosh, S. Supporting long-distance parent-child interaction in divorced families. Ext. Abst. of CHI, (2008), 3795-3800. [pdf]
- Yarosh, S., Huang, K., Mosher, I., and Topping, M. Playware: augmenting natural play to teach sign language. Ext. Abst. of CHI, (2008), 3249-3254. [pdf]
- Yarosh, S. and Guzdial, M. Narrating data structures: the role of context in CS2. Proc. of ICER, (2007), 87-98. [pdf]
- REPRINTED IN: Yarosh, S. and Guzdial, M. Narrating data structures: The role of context in CS2. Journal on Educational Resources in Computing 7, 4 (2008), 1-20.